1 lb. Ground beef
1 small shallot
5 green onions
1 3/4 cups Edison Grainery crispy rice cereal (1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs)
1 tsp salt
2 cups beef/chicken broth
2 cups milk
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbs malt vinegar (check if acceptable with your gluten free diet) , you can also use gluten free soy sauce
4 cups gluten free pasta
1 cup of shredded parmesan
1 tsp fresh snipped parsley
1) Preheat a 2 Tbs oil in a large frying pan on medium heat.
2) Place crispy rice cereal in food processor or Thermomix and grind 5 sec on speed 10 to make 1/2 cup bread crumbs. Pour out into a small mixing bowl.
3) Place shallot and green onions in the Thermomix and chop for 5 sec at speed 7.
4) Add the rest of the meatball ingredients and mix for 5 sec at speed 4.
5) Form small meatballs about 1 inch in diameter and add to pan. Turn after 3 min until brown on all sides. This will take about 10 min.
6) While the meatballs are browning, add sauce ingredients to a large pot and warm on medium heat.
7) Add finished meatballs to the sauce.
8) Add gluten free pasta and cover pot. Follow cooking instructions for your sort of pasta sort. Stir occasionally to make sure all pasta is cooked evenly.
9) When pasta is cooked, stir in grated parmesan and parsley.
10) Serve with your favorite veggie on the side. We like green beans or peas.