Prep Time: 30 min
Baking Time: 35 min
Servings: about 32 pieces of cake (1 sheet cake or 2 round cakes)
6 organic eggs
2 1/2 cups (6 dl) sugar (normal refined sugar to remain low FODMAP and failsafe)
3 tsp gluten-free baking powder OR 1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar and 3/4 tsp baking soda
3 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla (organic, natural)
2 1/2 cups (6 dl) Gluten Free flour
2 1/2 tsp konjac root/ psyllium husk powder
1 3/4 cups (4 dl) grated swede
1 1/4 cups (3 dl) antioxidant free (for failsafe) mild flavoured oil (canola, sunflower or similar)
3 tsp cinnamon ( skip for failsafe option)
1 cup organic powdered sugar (make sure it has tapioca starch instead of corn starch)
2 Tbsp ghee
3 Tsp rice milk
1/4 Tsp vanilla
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Grease 1 baking sheet (roasting pan) or 2 round cake pans. Line bottom with parchment paper.
3) Grate 2 rutabagas. Thermomix 5 seconds/speed 5. Measure out 1 and 3/4 cups and set aside for later.
4) Whisk together eggs, vanilla, and sugar with an electric mixer until it is nearly white. With a Thermomix 1 minute 30 seconds/ speed 4
5) Pour wet mixture into a large mixing bowl.
6) Sift dry ingredients into a medium size mixing bowl.
7) Fold dry ingredients into the wet mixture in the large mixing bowl.
8) Fold in the oil and grated rutabaga just until combined.
9) Bake for 35 minutes at 350° F.
10) Cool cakes completely before frosting.
11) For the frosting, sift the powdered sugar into a medium size mixing bowl.
12) Then add ghee, vanilla, and rice milk. Use a hand held mixer to cream all ingredients together You may need to keep adding a few drops of rice milk until the frosting forms a smooth, creamy texture
13) Spread frosting over cake. Hint: warm knife in hot water, and then us it to spread the frosting evenly over the cake.