Pizza Potato Crust - 2 x 12" crusts
2.5 lbs russet potatoes
1 tsp salt
2 tsp sunflower oil
1 cup of Monterey Jack cheese
3 cups of Monterey Jack (or Mozzarella) cheese
...and all the toppings you love!
Pizza Potato Crust:
1) Preheat oven to 425°F.
2) Peel potatoes and cut into 1/2 in slices.
3a) Without Thermomix:
Add potatoes to food processor and blend until smooth
3b) With a Thermomix
Add potatoes to mixing bowl and blend for 20 seconds at speed 5. Scrape down the sides and blend again 20 seconds at speed 5 or until smooth.
4) Transfer blended potatoes to colander with fine holes and press out as much liquid starch as you can.
5) Afterwards transfer ground potatoes into a clean dish towel and press out the rest of the liquid.
6a) Without Thermomix:
Place dried potato, 2 eggs, salt, 2 tsp of sunflower oil and a cup of cheese in mixing bowl, and blend well.
6b) With Thermomix:
Insert whisk into Thermomix and add dried potatoes, 2 eggs, salt, 2 tsp of sunflower oil and a cup of cheese to mixing bowl. Blend for 20 seconds on speed 2.
7) Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper
8) Remove the wet dough from the bowl and spread it out on the parchment paper. I use both hands and press it slowly from the inside to the outside so we have a nice, flat crust.
Note: the dough is very wet but will dry out during the next step
9) Place the two baking sheets in the oven for 20-23 minutes or until crust turns slightly golden brown.
10) Remove the crust from the oven, spread pear ketchup, toppings of your liking and cheese evenly on the baked crust.
11) Place pizzas in oven for another 10-12 minutes or until cheese turns golden brown.