Golden Sugar Cookies
Total Time: 3-4 hours
Dough Chill time: 2-3 hours
Baking time: 8 minutes per batch
Servings: 18-20 cookies
1 3/8 tsp cream of tartar
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/8 tsp salt
3/8 cup ghee
5 tsp golden syrup (2 dessert spoons)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1.5 cups Bob's Red Mill gluten free flour
1 tsp konjac root or psyllium husk powder
1 cup organic powdered sugar (make sure it has tapioca starch instead of corn starch)
2 Tbsp ghee
3 Tsp rice milk
1/4 Tsp vanilla
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Use a hand held mixer to cream together ghee, brown sugar, and golden syrup un a medium sized mixing bowl.
3) Add the egg and vanilla and mix until well combined.
4) Sift all of the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl.
5) Fold in dry ingredients and mix by hand until the mixture forms forms a ball of dough.
6) Cover dough and refridgerate for 2-3 hours.
7) Sprinkle gluten free flour on a clean, flat surface and on the rolling pin. Roll dough out until 1/4 inch thick.
8) Use your cookie cutters to cut out your favorite holiday shapes.
9) Bake at 350 for 8-9 minutes or until edges turn golden brown.
10) Let cookies fully cool.
11) For the frosting, sift the powdered sugar into a medium size mixing bowl.
12) Then add ghee, vanilla, and rice milk. Use a hand held mixer to cream all ingredients together You may need to keep adding a few drops of rice milk until the frosting forms a smooth, creamy texture
13) Decorate the cookies with frosting, chocolate chips, rice puffs and other toppings.