1/3 cup quick or rolled oats
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup mashed banana
1 can black beans, or about 1 1/2 cups cooked
1/4 cup chocolate hazelnut spread or other healthy chocolate spreads
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
handful mini chocolate chips, optional
1) Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line 8-12 muffin cups.
2) Place oats in mixer and grind 5 seconds at speed 10.
3) Drain the beans and rinse them extremely well. Pat dry to get rid of any bean flavor.
4) Place beans in mixer and puree, Thermomix 7 seconds at speed 10.
5) Add the rest of ingredients and blend until smooth, Thermomix mix 30 sec at speed 3.
6) Stir in mini chips if desired. I just sprinkle a few on top of the muffin tops before baking.
7) Pour batter into muffin cups, 8 cups for bigger muffins or 12 for smaller muffins.
The pictures show a batch of a dozen. Don’t overfill them or the muffins will rise and then sink in the centers.
8) Sprinkle some chocolate chips onto the tops if you wish.
9) Bake 13 minutes. They’ll look underdone, which is what you want. 10) Let cool completely, then transfer to a container and cover overnight in the fridge.
They will firm up perfectly into delicious, fudgy muffins. They will last for 3-4 days refrigerated or 2-3 weeks frozen.