1 15.5 oz can (1 1/2 cups) black beans
½ cup maple syrup
¼ cup melted butter (substitute coconut oil)
2 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
½ cup oats
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
¼ cup mini chocolate chips
2 Tbsp mini chocolate chips for topping
2-3 Tbsp chopped nuts (optional)
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) Grease an 8x8 baking dish or line with parchment paper.
3) Place oats in Thermomix and blend 7 sec speed 10.
4) Rinse canned beans thoroughly, and then add them to the Thermomix.
5) Then add the rest of ingredients and mix 20 sec speed 6.
6) Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix 3 min at speed 4.
7) Fold in the ¼ cup mini chocolate chips.
8) Pour batter into the prepared pan.
9) Sprinkle with the remaining 2 Tbs chocolate chips.
10) Bake for 18 min at 350° F(180° C), or until the brownies are cooked through and set.
11) Allow to cool thoroughly before cutting
Without a Thermomix:
- In a high powdered blender OR in a food processor, combine the ingredients in the order listed.
- Process the ingredients until the batter is ultra smooth, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Fold in ¼ cup of the chocolate chips.
To double this recipe, use a 9x13 pan and bake for 20 minutes so that the center is thoroughly cooked through.