1 1/4 cup garbanzo bean flour
1 1/3 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
Optional spices (not in our diet because of salicylates)
1 teaspoon ground cumin - optional
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano - optional
1/2 teaspoon extra grassfed butter or vegetable oil of your choice (to grease the pan)
1) In a blender, add the garbanzo bean flour, water and salt.
(Add spices if your diet allows it)
2) Blend on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute in your blender or until no more lumps appears, stopping in the middle to scrape down the sides.
With a Thermomix 30 seconds/speed 4. Then scrape the sides and mix again 10 seconds/ speed 3. Note: The batter will be very thin.
3) Transfer to a bowl and set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking.
4) Warm a pan of 10 inches diameter (26 cm) under medium/high heat, and use paper towel to grease the pan with butter or oil.
5) Scoop 1/3 cup of the batter into the frying pan and tilt the pan with a circular motion to ensure that the batter coats the surface evenly.
6) Cook the wrap until the sides start to crisp up and lift off easily from the frying pan. It should take about 2 minutes over medium heat.
7) Loosen wrap with a spatula and flip over to cook the other side. Both sides should be lightly browned. The wrap should be crispy on the sides and softer in the middle.
This recipe should make 5-6 wraps. Serve with the savory filling of your choice. We made burritos filled with rice, black beans, meat and cheese. You could also use hummus and your favorite veggies and/or meat.