For the Cheesecake:
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
¾ cup sugar (6 oz)
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs and 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
5 oz cream
1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons rice flour
1/4 cup potato starch
2 Tablespoons tapioca starch/ arrowroot starch
1/4 teaspoon konjac root/psyllium husk powder or xanthan gum (if it’s not included in your flour mix)
1/4 cup brown sugar
5 Tablespoons cold grassfed butter
1/2 cup finely chopped nuts (I use pecans)
- Place the middle rack toward the bottom of your oven. I use the 2nd from the bottom position.
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Grease 10 inch spring form pan with butter. I like to grease the pan and then line the sides with a strip of parchment paper.
- Crush nuts in Thermomix, 10 sec, speed 10. Add the flour, konjac root/psyllium husk powder and brown sugar. Combine 10 sec at speed 1.
- Cut in the butter until you have small crumbs, 5 seconds/speed 5.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared spring form pan with a spatula.
- With your mixer, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. With a Thermomix, 20 seconds/speed 4.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla just until combined, but do not over mix. Thermomix 20 seconds/ speed 4. Then scrape the sides of the mixing bowl with a spatula, and repeat 20 seconds/speed 4.
- Pour onto the nut crust.
- Bake on 425°F for 10 minutes. Then lower the temperature to 300°F and continue to bake for 45 - 50 minutes until the middle of the cheesecake is almost set.
- Turn the oven off, and leave cheesecake in the oven for 1 hour to cool with the oven door cracked. Then remove from the oven and cool on the counter on a cooling rack for about an hour. Finally, refrigerate cheesecake for at least 3 hours before serving.