2 cloves garlic
2 inches celery
4 spring onions(or 1 more shallot)
3 x 1/4 inch slices of leek
1 tsp salt
1- 1.5 lb organic chicken breast
1 cup bone broth
1 tsp potato starch dissolved in broth
1 Tbs malt vinegar (might contain gluten) , you can also use gluten free soy sauce or coconut amines
2 Tbs brown sugar
1 tsp. Golden syrup
2 Tbs cashew butter
1) Heat 1 Tbsp of Sunflower oil in a large frying pan on medium heat.
2) Chop shallots, garlic, celery, spring onions, and leek in food processor. I use my Nutri Ninja for about 5 seconds or my Thermomix for 7 seconds at speed 4.5.
3) Add the vegetables to the pan and saute for 2 min, adding the 2 cloves of garlic
4) Cut the chicken into 1 inch pieces and add to the pan.
5) Sprinkle the chicken with 1 tsp salt.
6) Cook chicken on all sides until no more pink meat is visible.
7) In a small mixing bowl, add the potato starch to the bone broth and whisk until it is dissolved.
8) Add the bone broth and the rest of the sauce ingredients to the pan and stir with a whisk or spatula until a sauce is formed.
9) Simmer on low for 5 min.
10) Serve over rice with cooked cabbage shredded and sautéed in butter or cooked lentils.